Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Family Update....

Some of you have maybe not had much contact lately with us, etc. so I will try to do a brief (yeah right!) summary. If you have spoken to us within the past few months, than stop reading and move on! :

Let's see Patrick is still selling BS, I mean cars, at Roberts Auto Center. He loves his job! Way too much actually, maybe more than the rest of us. He turned 40 last Wednesday. Yes, my husband is A LOT older than me. I know, but I figure men are so immature that, well we are about the same age mentally/maturity wise. And bless his heart, he is falling apart day by day. He has not done well with his age.

I am still with DaVita Dialysis. I enjoy my job most of the time. But, it is a job. I am also going back to school to complete my RN degree AGAIN. It seems like every time I get accepted in to the program I wind up a prego and have to decline my acceptance. So aiming for Fall of '09 to begin the program. I am just getting all of the small stuff out of the way now so all I have is my true "nursing classes." We lost our baby boy Bennett when I was only 24 weeks along on June 10 so that has been quite a battle and adjustment for all 4 of us. My due date is coming up in a couple of weeks so the feelings are getting stirred up again. So, I apologize ahead of time for the blogs that might be coming soon. :)

John turned 18 over the summer and is trying to enjoy the journey that he is on. He is now a senior due to some credits not transferring from his old private school. He works at the dealership with Patrick and is quite a workaholic. He was recently crushed due to "budget cuts" decreasing his hours drastically so now he only works 3 days a week. I was quite excited thinking that I would have extra help around the house... YEAH RIGHT! When he's not at work, he is with his girlfriend or riding the horses. He also has a daughter named Alli that was born April 28, 2008 that he usually has on the weekends which keeps him very busy as well. (Yes that means I am a grandma at 28!) But, he's young and learning to make better choices. He is a great Son though with a VERY big heart!

Malachi is now 4. He began "big boy" school in August. Parents fear that their children will be scared and not adapt well, etc. but not our kiddo. He loves it. And wants to go everyday of the week. We are enjoying it while it last. I am not sure what he does all day though because when we ask what he learned that day he tells us nothing. Boy, can't wait for parent/teacher conferences!

Patrick also has a daughter named Greer. She turned 12 yesterday, but we do not see her often. It's sad, but basically holidays. She only lives about 2 miles away with her grandfather. It's a very touchy subject for Patrick, but there is nothing we can do. Actually there is, but we are not wanting everyone to be miserable. I just hate it because one day when he is gone and her brother is old enough to see things she will regret it.

3 comments:

Sara said...

welcome to the blogging world :)

Angie said...

ERIN! Wow, isn't it funny how small the world can be? I found your blog through Sara's and I'm glad I did. Your family is beautiful. I am very sorry to hear about your loss in June. I am unfortunately very attune to baby loss. I will keep you in my prayers over the next few weeks. Best of luck going back, back to nursing school... I'm a nurse and isn't it funny that we took that class together in H.S.?!?! Hugs Erin...

The Bobo Buzz said...

I second that, Welcome to the world of blogging!! It can get quite fun and addicting, so just prepare yourself!! :)